Wednesday, April 16

Serving The Community

Saturday was awesome! We served 91 total families! At first it was kinda crazy as we tried a different system. Thinking it would be important to spend private time with each family coming in...we had them register in one room with Kathy and Jacqualine and then they brought in their card to Bonnie and me and I was blessed with being able to talk with each family individually. We got a little (well, maybe a LOT) backed up so Bonnie stayed by the door and let people in as one family left. That was a HUGE help! I would say that most were extremely patient and gracious and very thankful for us being there. There were perhaps a couple were upset with us because we changed things and they were not ashamed to say so!

I needed to check myself and I feel very blessed that Bonnie was in the room with me Something about that woman. :0) Sometimes it's hard to forget a couple negatives mixed in with a ton of positives! Funny how that is. :0)

Towards the end I was overwhelmed and began to cry. I don't really know why; except that a woman had just shared with me that it's so hard. She wasn't going to share anything 'til I asked how she was doing. I could see her bottom lip begin to quiver and I told her it was OK - that she could tell us (Bonnie was there too) and then she started to cry and said she is working and only making $7.50 an hour. We gave her a hug and Bonnie told her Jesus loved her and that we would pray for her and be there for her. I realized how my life is so much easier than it is for some. Yet, I sometimes still feel sorry for myself.

We had some chatter going back and forth on emails with Pastor Ron, Vicki, Caroline, Tim and I and decided that we needed to meet. If anyone else is interested in meeting about that, let us know! I would post those emails but I deleted them because I was running out of email memory. :-/

If there are other stories to share with those of you who were out in the food giving area, post away!~ :0)

Blessings to you all! Sal

No comments: