Sunday, July 13

Today I was Blessed...

... by the prayers and praises lifted up by everyone. The message today was on "Endurance". I marvel how what the ladies and I were studying connected with Pastor's message. Our morning study today was taken from 2 Cor. 12: 1-10. We studied about Paul's vision and his thorn in the flesh. We learned that Paul's ability to endure his trials came from his deep connection with God. God was the source of his faith and he wasn't afraid to share that. Paul loved God so much that he was willing to "endure" anything for the cause of Christ. One the the verses that touched us today was vs. 9 where God tells Paul that "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness." So often we want God to take away our trials but God wants us to remember that He is there and he will help us endure whatever we are going through. God gave Paul his vision to prepare him for all he was to endure. God wanted Paul to know that he was the source of all comfort. Have you ever thought why you may be going through something, perhaps it is to draw you closer to God and not farther away. The bible says to draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Let's draw near to God this week in our praises and prayers and the reading of His word. Have a blessed week. Prayer meeting at 8 pm. on Tuesday. (Caroline)

1 comment:

Allendale Community Church said...

Caroline,
I loved your word here and hope you don't mind that I posted it here. Keep emailing everyone as you do. I have heard so many talk about how they are blessed by that. :0)
S